A 26-year-old man was found dead at The Florida condominium in Hougang on the morning of Wednesday, 13 Jul 2022.
According to STOMP, the police said it had received a call requesting assistance at 76 Hougang Avenue 7 at 6:53am. Police officers found the man lying motionless on the second level of the condominium block upon arrival.
He was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.
Currently, the police do not suspect foul play based on preliminary investigations.
Resident Recounts What Happened
Eric Lim, a resident on the eighth floor, told STOMP he was asleep when a loud sound woke him up at around 4am, which he described as a “loud impact”.
“It didn’t sound like a car crash. I also felt strong vibrations on my window. But since it was about 4am, I did not think much of it and simply went back to sleep,” he explained.
When Lim woke up again at 7am, he saw a body lying on the ground in a pool of blood. “I couldn’t get back to sleep and was left wondering what happened.”
In photographs seen by STOMP, a barefooted man could be seen lying on the ground. Investigators were also present at the scene.
Police investigations into this case are currently ongoing.
If you or someone you know is in mental distress, you may call the following helplines to seek appropriate help or advice for your situation:
- Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)
- Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800-283-7019
- Institute of Mental Health: 6389-2222 (24 hours)
- Silver Ribbon: 6386-1928
- Tinkle Friend: 1800-274-4788 (for primary school-aged children)
- Care Corner Counselling Centre (Mandarin): 1800-353-5800
- Shan You Counselling Centre (Mandarin): 6741-0078